Sunday, January 18, 2009


Thursday I awoke before 5am with a headache. Took two Darvon and went back to sleep. When I woke up about an hour later it was still there, but only a faint trace of it lingered. So I showered and went to work. I had my hair pulled back...as I always do. Its at that weird growing back stage and that can be pretty annoying at times. My headache was getting worse as the morning moved on. I thought it was just the pony tail so I took the band out. When I went to the school nurse to have my daily Blood pressure reading and temp, it was pretty high. By the time my husband came to get me (its a wonder how he didn't get a speeding ticket) my BP had reached 170/110 and my head was pounding worse than I had ever felt in my life! So off to the ER we went.
We went to the Mainland ER. Sean was concerned that MD Anderson was too far away at this point. They took my BP and whew!! It was 206/126. Nope, not good. I told them I was on Chemo and that this was listed as a common side-effect. I am on BP medicine, but the dosage is very low. They gave me demmorrall (spell check that) and phenogren. Instantly my Migraine was going away and my BP went down. They did a CT Scan and an x-ray and all came back fine. I left with instructions to rest over the next couple of days. I have put in a call to Dr. Benjamin's office about raising my BP medicine and the pharmacist suggested that I take one pill in the am along with the one a take at night so that I am at least getting 20mg. What a scary day. And what a head-ache. I have since spoken to Dr. Benjamin and he increased the dosage. He said to really watch my BP for 48 hours and to call him right away if it doesn't go down.
I will keep you updated. Just continue those prayers.
This IS working!! Still visualizing the Sutent to be attacking the tumors.
I also ordered new bracelets. They are pretty close to the same as the ones before, but I got the band to be blue and the phrase to glow so that the band doesn't loose its "luster" so to speak. The phrase Positivity is Power glows in the dark. Why does is glow? Because....in your darkest hour....read those words and know that you are not ever going to be alone in the dark. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how deep that tunnel can get. Always a light. I am selling them for $2. All proceeds go to the Sarcoma Foundation. Please help. I have small, medium, and large. PLEASE help the foundation.

No comments: