Thursday, February 5, 2009

Really, I must say that I can't believe I haven't written that............

THE CHEMO IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The tumors are visually shrinking. I will continue chemo for 2 to 6 more months....no breaks. Just a pill....every night....for the next 2 to 6 months.
I have been on a roller coaster. Sometimes I want to get off the ride. But I want to be cancer free. I want to continue to be cancer free! I remind myself that all the time. I remind myself that when I am rudely awoken (my body) in the middle of the night several times. I remind myself that when the pain is ouch ouch ouch. And I remind myself, when I have to rely on others to help me get through the day. However, when it comes to food......and I do love food...I wish I could remind myself so that I don't eat the things I do. Bland, bland, bland. I must focus on bland. Dr. Benjamin said I can work. I will keep working because I love what I do, I love my students, and I love feeling productive in this crazy world. I can't say much more at this moment. I will write more later. Feel free to ask me questions.

3 comments:

Nick Sowers said...

yeeeeeeehaw!!! I'm so proud of you sis!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am thinking of you. Cheesey but sometimes I just think you need to know that. I think of you often but know you are not always up for talking. Just know that anytime you feel up to it just let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

I always love to open your blog and see what you've posted. You are in my prayers. I serve a God that hears and answers prayers. What you say is so important and I love that your words are so positive. You are going to make it and one day you'll be able to help others going through what you are experiencing. To those you help, it will be worth it.

Psalm 103: says, Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.

Put your trust in the One who loves you so dearly. I love you and willing continue to hold you up in prayer. Love, Sherry Wheaton