Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Journey Continues

We met with Dr. B today. I think we got out of there in record time.....our parking fee was *only* $9 and we saw Dr. B at 10ish (our appt time was 9). That's good! These appts usually involve a much longer wait. I don't even want to think about what he has to say to the patients he sees before me. Say an extra prayer for Jackie. I met her in the waiting room this morning and she has Dr. B too. She was waiting to be admitted for round 2 today. She has MFH Sarcoma. She was diagnosed on Mother's Day. She's a mom, a wife, a friend, a sister, and even an attorney for Walmart in Arkansas and she's a fighter (a survivor). She is going to make it - I just know it!

Dr. B said the results showed that my tumor was "not better and not worse....just fine". He went on to say that he couldn't say much about my tumors. He said they are so lazy, dormant, that it is truly hard to see the activity level. They could be dead and that would be awesome!! We really need to stay on the Sutent and wait and see what is happening to them. It will take time...I have lots of it! We will still continue this chemo even after he is sure about those tumors because we need to make sure that nothing else grows. He said that he really needs to keep watching these tumors. Remember, they grow slow and they are shrinking away slowly too. He also decided that I don't need to take a break from the Sutent. I will continue to take the same dose every day with no stops in between. I will also start seeing him every four weeks so he can see how I am doing and how the tumors are doing. I will see him again after the 1st of August.

Thank you so much for your prayers! Keep 'em coming!!
POSITIVITY IS POWER!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lisa Velasquez said...

That is wonderful news, Amanda. Just wonderful! You ARE a survivor and I'm proud to know you. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear this news! I know you WILL see these tumors shrink, and finally disappear altogether! You are always in our thoughts and prayers! XOXO Gabby, Lee, Mallory, and Madison

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear this news!! You are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, we are just a phone call away. Take care and keep smiling!
Love,
Aimee

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I just got around to checking emails! But was so glad to see one from you =] Good to hear you are doing well! Camp was a BLAST, so glad I went, and so glad I met you...keep me posted on everything!

~Angela (the one with the messy bed)