Friday, November 12, 2010

Events continued

The machine for the bone scan looks like a donut. Or really more like the CT imaging machine. They have you lie down on the “conveyer belt” and it slides towards the machine. Then a screen comes down just over your face. As you slide back, you can see the monitor that shows your bones. That was pretty neat though I really had no idea what I was looking at. I could make out my bones of course, and everything looked fine to me. And though I am no doctor, I think (hope) Dr. B will say the same. The bone scan was easily uneventful which was nice, but the brain MRI was least enjoyable. The technician locked my head in a large helmet that looked more like a birdcage. Then he nicely (he really was very nice) tells me not to move, which is easy to - do that is until the machine clicks with other clicks and the whole thing starts to rattle your back and sides. I have never had an MRI like that before. It also had the usual clicks, but the plinking sounds were loud and rather piercing. Needless to say, I did not fall asleep this time. I just stayed in place the best I could for the next 45 minutes and thought about the massage I would be getting tomorrow. I just checked in for the CT scan. I got a bracelet upgrade as they say; one with a fancy picture on it…me. My drink of choice today is going to be mocha flavored. The nurse said that people are just raving about it. Frankly, I am tired of the berry/banana mix and happy to try something new. At least now I can pretend it is a Mod Freeze. It will be two bottles and two more hours before the actual scan so I am going to read chapter 13 in my book about Ethical issues and the collection. More exciting news to come later. SMILES!!

No comments: