Saturday, February 6, 2010

Resting. Healing. Smiling.


Today has been a good day. I didn't have art classes because it is Mardi Gras, but I think the day of rest (if you can call it that) has been good for this little person. I think my mind is so much stronger than my body and some days my legs just can't keep up. Funny how it works like that. I have spent the day at Mod Coffee Shop. I have made a little nest on this comfy green couch in the corner. I have graded my school papers and completed 2 art pieces. Not often that I take the time to sit in my favorite coffee shop and paint all day.

Time. Well that is something I have more of these days. And I have promised to not replace the availability of this time with anything. I had a tough decision to make last week. To let go of some extra curricular activities.... Easier said than done. I loved tutoring and I have been working with those students for over a year now. Health and healing being more important, I had to let it go. Not say good bye, just let it go for now. Not being able to take chemo breaks, my body has reached its limits. Resting. Healing. Smiling.

Relay for life is here!! I have been getting ready for the big day on April 30th. I have been raising money for the American Cancer Society. The total so far is $1615.00 that my team has raised!! I am so excited and truly thankful!!! You are helping me fight back. Thank you so much! If you haven't seen my page, please take a peek. Please join! Please donate!! I know times are harder this year, but the future is upon us and I see a light at the end of this tunnel. I'm going to make more birthdays. I relay for me. I relay for my family and my friends. I relay for the cure. Cancer doesn't sleep. So help me light the way through the dark today.
Visit www.relayforlife.org Team Positivity is Power

I have tests and results on the 22nd of this month. I am sure that while I won't hear much for change, it will remain to be a most positive outcome. The road to recovery is slow, but this turtle is going to make it to the finish line every time!!

No comments: